How to Write GREAT Email Subject Lines
Did you know that 47% of email recipients open an email based on the subject line alone? That’s my subject lines are key to the make or break of your email campaign. That’s why we have created a blog that teaches you How to Write GREAT Email Subject Lines
The best way to write email subject lines for higher opens is by tapping into the human behaviour on an emotion level. The major types of emotions include fear, sadness, anger, surprise, excitement, guilt, shame, disgust, interest, and happiness.
Here are some great examples of attention-grabbing email subject lines
Fear – Fear of missing out (FOMO) Its practically impossible to resist is the fear of missing out. You can also add in scarcity or a sense of urgency into your email subject line.
- Your subscription is expiring
- You’re missing out on these important tips
- URGENT – Only a few hours left …
- Get Your 7 day plan today before it goes for ever …
- For today only … Get this NOW before it’s gone…
Curiosity Creating intrigue and curiosity creates a desire to open you email and read more. Its like the duff duff music on EastEnders… It’s the cliff hanger that will only be satisfied by opening the email.
- Last Day – To See what all the fuss is about…
- Check this out … New seasons …
- A gift for you
- 5 Horrible things about …..
- Whatever you do…. Don’t Open This Email
Humour If a subject line can make everyone laugh, then your email is more likely to open it. This one can be a tough one but if you get it right them it could go viral. Humour isn’t for everyone so make sure you know your audience
- Witty word play on your product / service
- 10 People to really really avoid at networking
- Stereotypical – Yes Im pregnant! So I like to wash up …
- Farcical – What will happen when pig learn to fly?
Vanity We all want to be liked and accepted by others. Using vanity means that you can either promise something that makes the subscriber look better, or invoke the fear of being shamed.
- Don’t be caught dead wearing last year’s…
- You will look great using
- Top 10 Age-defying beauty tips and tricks
- These are the products that celebs are using
Greed Everyone loves a bargain that’s why sales, discounts and special offers work really well in your email subject lines.
- Sale starts tomorrow
- Flash Sale.
- 25% off
- Buy one get one free
- Get priority subscription now
Lazy (sloth) It’s not necessarily about being lazy it’s more about making their life easier. If you help them achieve their goal quicker simpler or help them save time, money or energy.
- 5 point checklist to get new sales
- Grow your email list faster with these tips
- How to make emails easier
- Create an Ebook in 5 easy steps
- 75 ways to get new customers
Pain Points If you know your customer then you know their biggest challenges and pain points. By using a subject lines that solves their problem is a great way to increase email open rates.
- Boost your sales
- Do you want more work space
- Stop wasting time
- How to survive
- Save time by
Retargeting Retargeting emails are sent to people when they fail to complete a task or e.g. when they abandon their cart. These emails serve to bring your prospects back into your sales process.
- Have you forgotten something?
- Good News The price has dropped
- Did you miss out on something
- We aren’t giving you on you
Personal Include your subscribers name in the subject line to make it more personal.
- Joanne – Check this out
- Happy Birthday Mary – Surprise gift for you
- John – Are you coming to the next meeting?
- Angela do you prefer blue or red
- Steve thank you for your donation
KISS – Keep it Simple When in doubt keep it simple. For this to work well you need to give something of value in your email so make sure you have something important to say.
- A big thank you
- Monthly Sales & Marketing Newsletter
- Company Name News Bulletin!
- Happy New Year from All of us at company name
- Networking Invitation
Keywords There are some specific key words that are effective when used in email subject lines. Use these keywords when crafting your own subject lines to boost your open rates even further.
Upgrade go wonderful promotional Congratulations Forecast Snapshot
Token voluntary monthly is coming get it now
Numbers Number are a really good way of catching people’s attention especially if they can show instant results or gratification
- 99 New ideas to get new customers
- Increase sales by 53%
- Only 60 minutes or less
- 20 ways to
- Sales starts at 6.30am
I hope this help you to create great email subject lines that will get your emails opened
For Email Services Visit E-Mailer