Do people truly know how to network? – I’m active member of linked in – however I use the website to get to know like and trust other people… However it does really frustrate me immensely when you see the same posts being blasted over different groups often promoting the same offering or service week after week… and even worse using a Gmail or Hotmail account as a contact…
So to help people my topic of today’s blog is – Top tips to become a successful ONLINE networker
- Enjoy helping.. Help others within your group by posting relevant information – Also keep their eyes open for all sorts of opportunities. They enjoy helping other colleagues, customers and prospect whenever they can
- Answer questions – Answering questions within your group help to build good respected reputations
- Be sincere. If you aren’t sincerely interested in the other person and what they do, they’ll know it!
- Work your network. Networkers don’t let any opportunity to work their networks pass them by. They set up face to face appointments or telephone calls to get better acquainted so that they can learn as much about their new contacts as soon as possible so that they can truly become part of each other’s networks.
- Follows up on referrals. If you present an opportunity to someone who consistently fails to follow up successfully, it’s no secret that you’ll eventually stop wasting your time with this person.
- Positive attitude. A positive attitude makes people want to work with you. Positive business professionals are like magnets.
- Enthusiastic/motivated. We at least need to show we have enthusiasm and passion for our work. Once we’ve done an good job with our customers, we’ll be able to reap the reward of seeing our customers sell us to others! That’s motivation in and of itself!
- Trustworthy. When you refer one person to another, you’re putting your reputation on the line. You have to be able to trust your referral partner and be trusted in return.
- Listening skills. Our success as networkers depends on how well we can listen to others – not just sell sell sell …. Be interested in what others have to say.
- Good Networkers are never off duty. Always be on the look out to help others
- Thank people. Thanking others at every opportunity will help you stand out from the crowd.